Thursday, March 29, 2012

Credentials problem or deployment puzzle or permission problem?

Hi,All:

I had development a reporting service home page for our intranet . And I deployed this home page at "domain.server1" (for example) and my sql server database and reporting service is at another server "domain.server2"(for example). on the "domain.server1" , the Authentication methods is Integrated windows authentication. and on the "domain.server2" , with the reportingservice server properites and home folder, in the "permissions" tab, I had add the "domain.server1$" as system user role. so I can view my report via my home page and it works fine. If I remove the "domain.server1$" from the reporting service, there could be encountered an error "The permissions granted to user 'domain.server1$' are insufficient for performing this operation".

I used

rService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

in my home page to list the reports. I think this must be a problem, so I change this code as

System.Net.NetworkCredential myCreds = new System.Net.NetworkCredential();
myCreds.Domain = "domain";
myCreds.UserName = "UserName";
myCreds.Password = "Password";
rService.Credentials = myCreds;

and add this "UserName" to a local group "group1" on "domain.server2" , and grant this group "group1" to access the reporting service server. It works fine.

but now , I'm confused how to get the user's information (especially the password infomation , even though encrypted )?

Does any one can give me some feedbacks?

T.I.A

henry

http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/11/18/494436.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

I got the this scenarios a few days ago, after a few day's research.

I found that we must configurate the webServer as a trusted server so it can pass the credentials to the SSRS.

Allow a computer to be trusted for delegation

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/b207ee9c-a055-43f7-b9be-20599b694a311033.mspx?mfr=true

in the web applcation , we just set the Report viewer control credential like this:

rService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

we must configurate the webServer to support the Kerberos Authentication and Delegation

How to configure IIS to support both the Kerberos protocol and the NTLM protocol for network authentication

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383

and It works.

Good luck!

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment