Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creating views

Hi all,

Bit of a SQL server newbie here, I have two tables; Fish (containing Name and ID) and Fishing (containing just a concatonatted FishingID), but to relate the tables i would have to join (reference) the fields in the Fish table ie: fishname and FishID to match the other tables FishingID.

Every time i concanonate the fishname and FishID in the criteria the view doesent run but if i actually write an example FishingID in the criteria the view runs.

How do i refernce the fields in the criteria section?

JnrYou'll get an answer much quicker if you post the DDL of your tables, ssome sample data and the expected results...

Also what about the SELECT Statement you created...

My telepathic usb port is clogged...|||What is the concatennated ID for?

Something sounds FishyID to me.|||My telepathic usb port is clogged...That is a very good thing!

-PatP|||That is a very good thing!

-PatP

Why is that...I was hoping to use it to do all my typing for instead...|||You and a telepathic anything sounds like a class 3 SLG (spontaneous lawsuit generator) to me. Between the various forms of harassment, the politicially incorrect thoughts being broadcast, and the ensuing chaos from just having your head opened up to the casual passer-by... Egad!

-PatP

No comments:

Post a Comment