Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creation name for ComponentMetadata

Hi,
I want to get the TaskHost.CreationName equivalent on a IDTSComponentMetaData90 object. Basically the CreationName property returns me the string used to create an instance of the DtsContainer object. (DTS.Pipeline for example). How do I get an equivalent on a data flow component. (ComponentMetadata object). There is a ObjectType property which returns a enum of type DTSObjectType but I want a string representation of the enum.

Thanks,
-SuriI figured out a work around. The CreationName is the ProgId and the ComponentClassId on the ComponentMetadata object gives me the classid. I do a little Pinvoke on ole32.dll to use ProgIDFromCLSID.

let me know if there is a better way.

Thanks|||I'm not sure what you are doing, but you may want to look at the Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application object and the PipelineComponentInfos.

Each PipelineComponentInfo has a CreationName.

No comments:

Post a Comment