Thursday, March 29, 2012

credentials

I am using RS2000. I have created some reports and publish to the server. A
folder has been created at /home/test1 in report manger and granted the
access right to user A.
I created a .net application with impersonation = false, how can I call the
reports under test1 inside this application by using the RS2000 control? what
I mean is how to pass the A's credential to reporting services so that I can
access the report.
Can anyone give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot!Hi, Ry
When you say "using the RS2000 control" do you mean the sample report
viewer control for ASP.NET?
If so, then the control should be using the URL access method to create
HTTP GET requests (it creates URL querystrings) that fetch the report
and display them in an IFRAME.
So when the control points the IFRAME to the ReportServer and folder
where the report is located, it's the same as if the current user
opened a browser and tried to view the ReportServer directly
(http://servername/ReportServer?/home/test1/testReport¶m1=SomeValue).
The Report Server uses windows authentication, so your application is
not actually performing the authentication for the reports and folders,
it's all done by the Report Server.
If you were using the RS web service to make proxy calls to render the
report, then you would need to provide user context information to the
Web Service, so it would authenticate. You would use
DefaultCredentials to pass your current application's user to the
Report Server via the web service Credentials property.
Hope that points you in the right direction.
Regards,
Thiago Silva
MCAD.NET
Ry wrote:
> I am using RS2000. I have created some reports and publish to the server. A
> folder has been created at /home/test1 in report manger and granted the
> access right to user A.
> I created a .net application with impersonation = false, how can I call the
> reports under test1 inside this application by using the RS2000 control? what
> I mean is how to pass the A's credential to reporting services so that I can
> access the report.
> Can anyone give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment