Thursday, March 29, 2012

Credentials used to run this report are not stored

Hi all,

When I create a new report subscription in report manager, I got this error

Credentials used to run this report are not stored

any idea?

Thanks,

Jone

Can you go to report properties -> Data Sources and make sure that "Connect Using Credentials stored securely in the report server" is selected and valid user name and password provided?

Thanks,
Sharmila

|||

Thanks for your response.

By the way, which name and password should I input. I tried to using ASPNET as the username (or 'sa' and the password to access sql aerver) but it failed, and gave error message bad user name or password.

Thanks,

jone

|||

For example, if the below is your connection string, you need to enter a user name and password to access the data source.

data source=<ServerName>; initial catalog=<SampleDB>

Thanks,
Sharmila

|||

Thanks, Sharmila.

I use user name = 'sa' and password = 'access' to access my datasource, and I tried to use them in 'Credentials stored securely in the report server', and checked both or first ckeckbox under this selection, and I got

Logon failed. (rsLogonFailed)

  • Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)|||

    Jone,

    If you select the 'Credentials stored securely in the report server', you should not check the boxes for 'Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source' or 'Impersonate the authenticated user after a connection has been made to the data source'. After entering user name = 'sa' and password = 'access' , press Apply at the bottom and try to view your report.

    If this still doesn't work, you should try to login to the database using user name = 'sa' and password = 'access' through Management Studio to see if that works.

    Hope this helps.

    Jarret

    |||

    Thanks, Jarret.

    According to your suggestion, I configured my datasource and ran my report, and I got error

  • Non-Windows user credentials were supplied for a non-http connection to Analysis Services. The Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services data extension requires Windows Integrated Security unless connecting via http or https.|||

    Could you use a Windows domain account and it's password? Then, you will need to check the box for 'Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source' also.

    Jarret

    |||

    Thank you, Jarret.

    I used my user name an dpassword that I use to login my machine, and checked the 'use as windows credentials when connectingto the data source', and the subscription has been created.

    But I can't find the e-mail extension on the report. How can the e-mail extension or icon be availale on the report?

    BTW, in sql server-->configuration tools--.report service configuration -->email settings,

    I input my e-mail address as the sender's address, and the name of our exchange server name as the 'smpt server' name, or should I input "default virtual smtp server' as the smtp server name?

    Thanks,

    Jone

    |||

    Hi, more question:

    since the application will be used by others, what should I handle the credential issues since I can't use my username and password there?

    Thanks,

    Jone

    |||

    I don't think there is an email extension for Reporting Services, you might be able to find something out there that will add this functionality though. I haven't heard of any, but I haven't looked either.

    I think you will need to leave your exchange server in the SMTP Server name.

    Jarret

    |||

    You have you have the credentials stored in order to create a subscription.

    I just did a test and it seems that the stored credentials are not used when a user runs the report from the browser. So, when your users run the report, you will still see their name in the ExecutionLog table as having executed the report. Also, you can restrict access to the report for specific users as well, just as normal.

    My test was: I set the stored credentials as my account, then had a co-worker run the report. Then, I looked in the ExecutionLog, it showed my co-workers account.

    Hope this helps.

    Jarret

    |||

    Thank you so much, Jarret. You save me days of time

    Jone

    |||

    Glad I could help Jone, can you mark this one as answered so others can view the solution?

    Jarret

    |||No problem!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment