Thursday, March 29, 2012

Credential error when using SSPI

I have a SQL Server database that I am able to connect to using Visual
Studio 2005 Server Explorer. However, when I attempt to establish a
connection in a C# program using SSPI, I get a login failure using the same
credentials used with Server Explorer.
Does anyone know what might cause this?Double check and make sure that your connection string is spelled correctly.
I sometimes like using ODBC manager to double check to make sure the
connection works that way. It uses your windows credentials as does SSIS
should you choose to look at it that way.
thanks,
/*
Warren Brunk - MCITP - SQL 2005, MCDBA
www.techintsolutions.com
*/
"William" <nfr@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:eR058I11GHA.1268@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I have a SQL Server database that I am able to connect to using Visual
>Studio 2005 Server Explorer. However, when I attempt to establish a
>connection in a C# program using SSPI, I get a login failure using the same
>credentials used with Server Explorer.
> Does anyone know what might cause this?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment