Thursday, March 29, 2012

Credentials

Hi,
if I open the report manager and click on a report to open it, under which credentials is the report genererated?
I have a developement computer on which I create my reports. Reporting service is installed on a developmentserver. I use an AS2k cube as a source and runs on another server. All servers are in the same domain. The reporting server service runs under a domain account with sufficient rights.
If I click on a report I get an error message saying that I don't have access rights to the analysis server cube. But if I run the report in preview mode it works fine.
I want to know which credentials are used when opening a report from the report manager.
Thanks.
QThat will depend on the data source for the report. If you have windows
integration set then it will be the current user accessing the site. You
will want to check on the properties tab of the report and the Data Sources
sub tab to see how the data source is set up.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Qbee" <Qbee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5E22D5C3-1240-4F9F-A5FF-5DAFB6FED081@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> if I open the report manager and click on a report to open it, under which
credentials is the report genererated?
> I have a developement computer on which I create my reports. Reporting
service is installed on a developmentserver. I use an AS2k cube as a source
and runs on another server. All servers are in the same domain. The
reporting server service runs under a domain account with sufficient rights.
> If I click on a report I get an error message saying that I don't have
access rights to the analysis server cube. But if I run the report in
preview mode it works fine.
> I want to know which credentials are used when opening a report from the
report manager.
> Thanks.
> Q|||I believe I read an online article about this. If your dev. computer is named devcpu, there should be a user defined as IUSR_devcpu with some password. This user's rights are assumed when a client access the report server anonymously. The delegation continues on to the AS machine.
Try creating a similar user/password on the AS machine.
--
R. Festino
Florida
"Qbee" wrote:
> Hi,
> if I open the report manager and click on a report to open it, under which credentials is the report genererated?
> I have a developement computer on which I create my reports. Reporting service is installed on a developmentserver. I use an AS2k cube as a source and runs on another server. All servers are in the same domain. The reporting server service runs under a domain account with sufficient rights.
> If I click on a report I get an error message saying that I don't have access rights to the analysis server cube. But if I run the report in preview mode it works fine.
> I want to know which credentials are used when opening a report from the report manager.
> Thanks.
> Q

No comments:

Post a Comment