Thursday, March 29, 2012

Credentials and ReportViewer

I'm building a simple report request page that makes use of the
reportviewer found in the samples. From the web server that hosts
this page, I'd like to impersonate a user to gain access to RS running
on another server. I've not been able to find instructions how how to
do this. It appears that ReportViewer makes use of the RS web service
but does not expose anything that allows passing along credentials.
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious so sorry in advance.Mark,
The ReportViewer sample control doesn't use the RS Web service. Instead, it
uses URL addressibility by firing an HTTP-GET request on the client side
(IFRAME) to the Report Server. This means, that the control requires direct
access to the Report Server. If the default Windows-based security is used,
the Report Server will see the incoming request under the credentials of the
interactive user, so no need of impersonating the user.
--
Hope this helps.
----
Teo Lachev, MCSD, MCT
Author: "Microsoft Reporting Services in Action"
Publisher website: http://www.manning.com/lachev
Buy it from Amazon.com : http://tinyurl.com/3l49j
Home page and blog: http://www.prologika.com/
----
"MarkMurphy" <murphy@.murphysw.com> wrote in message
news:e061eb57.0408261430.289dc804@.posting.google.com...
> I'm building a simple report request page that makes use of the
> reportviewer found in the samples. From the web server that hosts
> this page, I'd like to impersonate a user to gain access to RS running
> on another server. I've not been able to find instructions how how to
> do this. It appears that ReportViewer makes use of the RS web service
> but does not expose anything that allows passing along credentials.
> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious so sorry in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment