Thursday, March 29, 2012

credentials and permissions for the account that runs reportServer

Hi all,
I'm having a tough time finding what kind of permissions are needed for the
account that runs the Report Server windows Service.
I have my Report Server on a Win2K workstation with IIS and SQL Server on a
different computer (win2k Server and SQL Server 2000 with Sp3a).
We were able to make the subscriptions (emails and file sharing) with the
user being in the domain admin group. Now we are trying to give a little
less permissions to that account, but all the subscriptions are now showing
errors (in the subscription page only, log files are all fine).
The user is a local administrator and is part of the system operator, domain
operator, domain user and user groups on the network.
Does that user need to be a domain administrator? If we have too I don't
really mind but it would be safer to have it with less powerfull rights.
Thanks in advance for your help!I have some more informations so maybe it will help you help me!
The jobs are being created in SQL server. I can see them in SQL Server
Agent. They are even marked as success.
The problem is that I don't receive the email or the file is not created in
the folder as expected. Also the subscription is not being updated in
reports manager. It is still showing as a new subscription as if it was not
executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment